Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Weird Asian American racial dynamics in Denver

So now we're hungry and tired from the extended emotional stress of dealing with the credentials scam. We're not at any parties right now, where people go at night to get free food and drink. We prefer real food while sitting down.

So now we're at one of the last places open for food, and it's a place with an inordinately large number of creepy white men asking us about our angry Asian man shirts. Also it took a ridiculously long time for us to be visible to the servers. We we're invisible.

But then the other day I was hypervisible at a Thai restaurant where I was asked by another patron what he should eat. "you probably know what's good here."

SIGH!
Now there's a white man singing bobby brown songs. Oh lord! Save me from Denver... A city full of racial microaggressions.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Eugenia Beh said...

Aw man - I guess I was lucky not to run into any of that crap while I was there. Sheesh!