Thursday, December 11, 2008

To Bail or Not to Bail out?

First of all, I'm still waiting for the government to bail me out from my $x0,000+ worth of student loan debt. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

With this latest proposed bail out for the auto industry, I don't think it's as easy as just saying "No! They f'd up." Yea, Detroit should definitely have been adapting existing technology for fuel efficient cars. That's poor corporate leadership.

Where I'm stuck in this is whether the workers and their families should suffer because their bosses suck. And I can definitely see the GOP using this as a ploy to end labor unions. It's not like the GOP asked too many questions when they gave the banks tons of money with no stings attached.

But then I come back to... if the banks get a bail out, and Detroit gas-guzzler producers get a bail out, when do I get a bail out?

No comments: